Early December always brings cult filmmaker and raconteur John Waters’ immensely useful Top 10 film list for the year (published in Artforum). As always, he makes some very interesting choices and has some choice comments. Dave says check it out.
One of my favorite December rituals is looking to see what films irreverent, but legendary filmmaker John Waters has selected for his 10-best films of the year in Artforum magazine. Below is the list, but his commentary at the Artforum website (located at the link) above is a must-read.
- The Deep Blue Sea – Terence Davies
- Paradise: Faith – Ulrich Seidl
- Paradise: Love – Ulrich Seidl
- Amour – Michael Haneke
- Killer Joe – William Friedkin
- Beasts of the Southern Wild – Benh Zeitlin
- Compliance – Craig Zobel
- Marina Abramović: The Artist Is Present – Matthew Akers
- Beloved – Christophe Honoré
- The Imposter – Bart Layton